So I just walked into the kitchen & put a poptart into the toaster. Pushed the little button, waited, but alas no light or warmth came from the toaster. I was bent on having that poptart so I beat up on my toaster a bit & tried again. I realised...NU!my toaster was broken, and I had to eat a less tastey microwaved poptart. It was still delicious as all poptarts are, but it was missing that crisp outer coating. Sigh..... I shall rate the microwave poptart as It wasn't aweful, but not something I'd like to try again unless I must take extreme measures.